Here's a cheeky chai number that we've been serving at our HQ Fox In The Chamber. Made with home grown pumpkins and our signature Anushka Liquid Chai (also brewed in house) for a bit of a spiced twist! Here's the recipe for you to try at home:
ANUSHKA CHAI PUMPKIN PIE
Prep time: 30mins (plus refrig. time)
Cooking time: 1hr 10mins (plus cooking time)
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp icing sugar
125g cold butter, chopped coarsely
2 tbsp cold water
1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
2/3 cup (160ml) double cream
3tbsp Anushka Chai Liquid Brew
1. Sift flours and sugar into medium bowl; rub in butter. Add enough water to make ingredients come together. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Enclose in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 mins
2. Preheat oven to 200 deg C/ 180 deg C fan forced. Grease 23cm pie dish.
3. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line dish. Ease pastry into dish, press into base and side; trim edge. Use scraps of pastry to make a double edge of pastry; trim and decorate edge.
4. Place pie dish on oven tray; line pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 mins. Remove paper and beans; bake further 10 mins. Cool.
5. Reduce oven to 180 deg C/ 160 deg C fan forced.
6. Make filling; pour into pastry case.
7. Bake pie about 50 mins; cool.
Beat eggs, sugar and maple syrup in small bowl with electric mixer until thick. Stir in pumpkin, cream and liquid chai.